Buying a house should be exciting and fun, whether it’s your first home, your vacation home or your retirement home. It takes a lot of thought and sound financial planning, and Federal Trust is here to help! If you already know the type of home loan you want, you can apply now online!
There are two basic types of home loans, whether you are purchasing a new home or refinancing your existing home. Each has its own advantages. Below are a few points to consider when choosing between a fixed and variable rate loan:
Fixed Rate Mortgage
- Do you plan to own the home for more than five years?
- Do you like the stability of a fixed principal and interest payment?
- Do you think your income and spending will stay the same?
Adjustable Rate Mortgage
- Do you plan to own this home for less than five years?
- Are you comfortable with possible payment increases in the future?
- Do you think your income will increase in the future?
To learn more about your financing options, give us a call at 800-226-2829 or click on the following options:
Apply now – online!
Visit our resources page for a variety of helpful tools including a glossary of terms, mortgage and payment calculators, and other information about the home buying process.
For a personalized quote, check our great rates!